With winter officially upon us here in the Houston, TX area and the potential for severe weather events looming, it’s important that all businesses take steps to ensure they are adequately prepared for a storm. Here are some tips from us at AAIGOT Insurance Agency Inc to help you get your business ready.
Preparing Your Business For A Storm
1. Make sure all outdoor furniture and equipment are secured or stored away in a safe location. This includes patio furniture, planters, grills, and any other items that could be damaged by high winds or heavy rains.
2. Check your roof and windows for any signs of damage or wear that might make them vulnerable in a storm. If you find anything suspicious, contact a professional right away to have it repaired before conditions worsen.
3. Trim trees around your business premises to reduce the risk of falling branches during high winds or storms.
4. Check that your backyard drains and gutters are clear of debris so water can flow freely during heavy rains and floods.
5. Consider investing in an emergency generator so you can keep operations running even if there is a loss of power due to a storm.
6. Stock up on supplies like flashlights, batteries, nonperishable food items, and bottled water in case you need to shelter in place due to bad weather conditions outside.
Get Commercial Insurance For Your Business
By taking these proactive steps now, you can give yourself peace of mind knowing that your business is as prepared as possible for whatever Mother Nature throws its way this winter season! Make sure to get insurance coverage to maximize protection. For more winter weather tips, call us at AAIGOT Insurance Agency Inc today. We proudly serve the Houston, TX area.