Click to Call
AAIGOT Insurance Agency, Inc

6633 Hillcroft Ave,
Suite 101,
Houston, TX 77081

Get Directions

Featured Insurance Blog

Required Auto Insurance in Texas

Every driver in Texas needs to have a car insurance policy. They are also required to always have proof of their coverage when they are driving a vehicle. If you need auto insurance in Texas, give us a call at AAIGOT Insurance Agency Inc in Houston, TX to find out more. 

Bodily Injury Liability

In this state, you must have coverage that allows for two different amounts of bodily injury liability. This includes one amount that is for one person injured in an accident that you are at fault for. The second number is the amount that covers everyone who became injured. These two amounts are average amounts nationally. They may cover smaller medical bills, but in the event of a serious accident with a lot of injuries, chances are that this coverage would not be enough. It’s recommended to raise this amount so that you are covered even if there are many injuries. 

Property Damage Liability

The other required type of coverage is for the property damage that you cause to another vehicle. There is a property damage liability amount that is required for auto coverage in the state. This amount is about average for state liability coverage laws. Many people do raise this amount, however, to make sure that they have enough coverage.

Other Coverage 

With the liability-only requirements of the state, you would have no coverage for your own property damage or your own injuries. Many people add extra coverage to their policy such as collision coverage and comprehensive coverage. These can help you in cases where you are at fault and have your own property damage that needs to be paid for. 

Get Your Auto Coverage

To find out more about auto policies and what they cover, call us today at AAIGOT Insurance Agency Inc in Houston, TX.

When should you review your auto insurance coverage

With almost 700,000 miles of roads, Texas is the most drivable state in the union. Before you hit the road, you need to make sure you comply with the laws of the state of Texas. At AAIGOT Insurance Agency Inc in Houston, TX, we make sure all of our customers have the auto insurance they need. With more than 35 years of experience, we have the expertise you expect from your independent insurance professional.


Most auto insurance policies renew either yearly or bi-yearly. When you receive your renewal, it includes a declaration page. This page gives you a snapshot of your policy. It tells you who is listed on the policy, the vehicles, the amount, and the type of coverage you have. It is the perfect opportunity to get all your policy information at a glance. If your premium seems high, look at the figures and see what may be causing the high rate. 

Adding a vehicle

When you add a vehicle to your policy, it makes good sense to take a good look at your coverage. Consider which vehicle is primary and make sure that is how it is listed. It can make a difference which car is given the top spot. You need to discuss the number of miles each vehicle will be driven in any given year. 

Adding or removing a driver

When you have a young driver who has just gotten a license and will be coming onto your policy, you need to think about ways to make sure this is as inexpensive as possible. Ask your agent for discounts you may be eligible for. 

If it is time for a change or you want to get a free quote, give our office a call or stop by. AAIGOT Insurance Agency Inc in Houston, TX is your locally owned independent agency. 

Required Auto Insurance in Texas

There are specific laws about how much auto insurance drivers have to carry on their vehicles in Texas. There are several required types of coverage, and these come with mandatory minimums of coverage. If you need auto insurance, call us at AAIGOT Insurance Agency Inc in Houston, TX to find out more. 

Required Coverage

There is a mandatory minimum amount stated for injury liability in Texas, with a specific minimum for each person who is injured in an accident and another number for all of the people injured in an accident. This pays for the medical bills of those injured. There is another type of coverage required for liability, and that is for property damage. This pays for damage done to another vehicle in an accident that you are found to be at fault for. 

Uninsured Drivers

While many states require you to have coverage in an accident with an uninsured motorist or underinsured motorist, Texas does not require it. It is, however, a good idea to get this kind of coverage. This protects you in case of another driver, without insurance, causing an accident with you. This kind of coverage is often recommended because there is little to no recourse available if someone uninsured were to cause an accident without it. 

Collision Coverage

Another type that is highly recommended is collision coverage. This pays for your vehicle if it is damaged in an accident that was caused by you. The property damage coverage is for others’ vehicles- not yours. Only collision coverage pays for yours. 

Get Your Texas Auto Insurance

Don’t go without the required amount of auto insurance. Call us at AAIGOT Insurance Agency Inc. in Houston, TX to talk to an agent about auto coverage and learn how to get a quote.

Servicing States

  • Texas


Partner Carriers

  • Allied
  • CNA
  • Infinity
  • Progressive
  • Safeco
  • Secura
  • Secura
  • Secura
  • Secura
  • Secura
  • Secura
  • Secura
  • Secura
  • Secura
  • Secura
  • Secura
  • Secura